- Surface Preparation
- Surface to be lined must be cleaned free of all dirt, oil, grease, and flaking rust.
- Wash surface with water and allow to dry completely. This should be done just prior to installation of wire mesh.
- Application of Wire Mesh
- Use 1 1/2″ #9 flattened expanded metal mesh or something similar in wire mesh.
- Tack the wire mesh on 18” center, or there abouts, to the above prepared metal surface.
- With a chisel, or some tool, raise (pry) the wire mesh away from the metal surface and insert a 1/2” thick nut, small metal scrap, or something to keep the mesh off the metal surface so that the mixed DURALINE® Z-100 can get below the mesh, and thus the wire mesh will be imbedded in the desired thickness of the DURALINE® Z-100.
- The mesh should be located at the approximate midpoint of the lining by using spacers.
- Mixing & Application of Z-100 Heavy Duty Lining
- Mix the DURALINE Z-100 heavy duty chute lining as required in a mortar box with water. Add water sparingly as best results are obtained when consistency of mix is “stiff.”
- Apply over wire mesh, prepared above, to required thickness.
- Finish surface with steel trowel.
- Curing Z-100 Heavy Duty Lining, for best results, wet-cure for 72 hours.
- Allow to dry at ambient temperature for 4-6 hours.
- Apply cloth to surface and wet periodically over the next 48 hours.
- Allow 18 to 24 hours drying (no water added) at ambient temperature prior to using.
Coverage of DURALINE® Z-100 is 12 pounds per square foot at 1” thickness.
Prepare a mortar mixer or similar mixing system that will thoroughly blend entire contents.
Temperature of Z-100 powder, the mixing water, and the surface to be protected should be 50°F or higher. 70°F is optimum.
DURALINE® Z-100 Mixing Ratio: 13% water by weight
- 650 lb. drum
- 84.5 lbs. – 10.13 gallons water
Procedure for mixing DURALINE Z-100
- Make certain that ingredients (aggregate) are well distributed in drum.
- Put required amount of water into mixer.
- Add DURALINE® Z-100 to mixer.
- After adding all of the required DURALINE® Z-100 into mixer, continue mixing for 5 minutes. Use a 5 minute mixing time on all batches to ensure uniformity.
- Apply DURALINE® Z-100.
- If you’re NOT using an entire drum of DURALINE® Z-100
- Weigh quantity of DURALINE® Z-100 to be mixed.
- Measure corresponding amount of water needed.
- 1/2 drum Z-100 = 5.06 gal. Water.